Blogs are increasingly popular by the minute and more and more people feel the need to express themselves through writing or imagery. We find this amazing and feel like we have somehow gone back to the ages when the only form of communications was writing letters to each other. We have finally surpassed the monosyllabic text messages era from a few years back and we could not be happier. We need people to write, cultivate their brains every day and build a more educated world!
We came up with a quick to do list for all those who want to build their own blog, so they can start fresh and work in a professional manner.
- Decide on the topic of your blog. This can of course change on the way, but it is important to build the next steps on a concrete idea.
- Find a name for your blog. Create a title that either expresses what your blog will be about or something that will last in time and have the potential of becoming a powerful brand.
- Make sure the name chosen has an available domain. It is a pity to have a great name and to have to add your website on a different domain.
- You will also need hosting. We recommend Siteground as they have quite a lot of options, from smaller to bigger packages and their support is awesome. You will need a team behind to help you when something happens to your website and these guys are very responsive and fast.
- When all the technicalities with the hosting and domains are done, you will need an actual platform on which to publish your articles. We recommend WordPress as it is very user friendly and it was purposely built for this scope. Here you might need some help with developing your site.
- Make sure you opt for a user-friendly design, something that will enable the customer to surf on your page easily and he/she will understand very fast where all the information is. Look and feel are also very important and we would advise you to go for something unique and to differentiate yourself at this stage already.
- Create social media channels in line with your blog and use them to create a buzz around your new blog. You will need various routes to spread the world and social media is the easiest for a newbie.
- Create some content before you share the blog with your friends and family so they can enjoy your full potential. Write as much as you can, but pay attention to what kind of content you create. If you start with a certain style it will be very difficult to totally shift afterwards.
- Consider SEO whenever you write your articles. These can help you grow higher in ranking on search engines and any little bit helps at the beginning.
- Make your blog an extension of your personality! Be unique, be true to yourself and have fun!
Good luck to all bloggers out there!